Bring Some Sparkle to your Summertime Smile
- Posted on: Aug 15 2017
Over the summer months, you may have found yourself at countless gatherings; al fresco dinners under the stars, weddings, and other events for which you have wanted to feel great about your appearance. Because most of us are extraordinarily busy, the little acts of TLC that foster confidence in our physical features, such as the smile, fall to the wayside.
If you have noticed that the luster has left your smile, you’ve got time to brighten up before your next event. Just call Fleur de Lis Dental Care in New Orleans to discuss Zoom! Teeth whitening.
Get a Great New Smile Today
Dentists have been using the Zoom! Teeth whitening treatment for years and patients continue to appreciate the consistent, convenient results that are achieved during a brief appointment. The accelerated method of whitening teeth takes just about an hour, so even if you have a special social event that same day, you can show up with your very best smile.
How Accelerated Whitening Works
In-office teeth whitening is a cosmetic procedure aimed at lifting approximately 8 shades of brightness from enamel in short bursts of time. Before treatment, though, we perform a dental exam to ensure no inflammation or gum disease is present, as this would cause unnecessary irritation. Teeth are also examined for overall health. If necessary, cavities or gum inflammation is treated before teeth whitening is performed.
The treatment process itself is simple:
- We cover the lips and gums with protective sheeting.
- A small fixture is inserted just inside the lips to hold them comfortably away from teeth.
- Teeth are carefully coated with the gel-based whitening solution. This gel is then activated under the Zoom! Whitening lamp.
- A single whitening session lasts 15 minutes, after which we remove the whitening gel and assess the degree of lift that has been achieved.
- If more whitening is desired, a second session is performed in the same manner as the first.
- A third and final session of whitening may be performed for optimal brightness.
- You sit back and relax for short bursts of light treatment. The process may be repeated two or three times to achieve optimal lift.
Contact us at 504-486-3339. We’re ready to help you get the smile you’ve always wanted.
Posted in: Teeth Whitening